1) Go to the "Software/Download" area and get the last free version of HAM-RADIO-DELUXE for Linux.
2) Save the file to the place of your choice. In this example, the archive is saved to the "Software" Folder which is on the desktop.
3) Right click on the archive and select "Extract here" in the contextual menu.
4) You'll get a new directory named "Hamradio Deluxe Linux".
5) Now run the "PlayOnLinux" software and click on "Install a program".
6) Then click on "Install an unlisted program" at the bottom of the window.
7) Click on "Next".
8) In the next window, click on "Modify or update an existing application" then click on "Next".
9) Check "Display the virtual disks" at the bottom.
10) Select the "HAMRADIO" virtual disk (See UISS setup tutorial).
11) Leave all boxes unchecked and click on "Next".
12) In the next window select "32 bits windows installation" even if your operating system is 64 bits.
13) Click on the "Browse" button.
14) Use the file-selector to go to the place where HAM-RADIO-DELUXE has been saved and select the "setuphrd53438.exe" file. Then click on "Open".
15) CLick on the "Next" button.
16) Then click on the "Install" button.
17) Click on "Next".
18) Check "I accept the terms of the licence agreement" then click on "Next".
19) Leave the installation path as it is and click on "Next".
20) Don't modify anything in the next window and click on "Next".
21) Click on "Install".
22) Setup process is launched. Just wait a few seconds...
23) Uncheck the option "I would like to start Ham Radio Deluxe" and click on "Finish".
24) In the next window, select "HamRadioDeluxe.exe" then click on "Next".
25) Leave the shortcut name as it is and click on "Next" to create the link on the desktop.
26) Select "I don't want to create any other icon" at the top of the list then click on "Next".
27) Now select the "HamRadioDeluxe" software in the list and click on the "Configure" icon just above on the tools bar.
28) Click on the "Wine" tab at the top of the window.
29) Click on the "Registry editor" icon.
30) The editor window is now opened...
31) Open the "Registry" menu and select "import a registry file..." in the list.
32) Use the file-selector to go to the place where the HAM-RADIO-DELUXE software archive has been saved and extracted.
33) Select the file "wine_odbc.reg" and click on the "Open" button.
34) Open a terminal window and enter this command to install the "Winetricks" software : sudo apt-get install winetricks.
35) Winetricks is a software which allows installation of specific packages needed for Wine Windows emulator to run HAM-RADIO-DELUXE without errors. When setup is over, you can close the terminal window.
36) Go to your Home folder.
37) In the display menu, select "Show hidden files" in order to access to the ".cache" directory usually hidden.
38) Open the ".cache" directory.
39) Place side by side the previous window and the one which contains the HAM-RADIO-DELUXE downloaded archive. Drag and drop the "winetricks" folder into the ".cache" directory.
40) Open a terminal and type the following command : export WINEARCH=win32.
41) Next, enter this command :
42) To continue, enter this command : winetricks jet40 mdac28 art2kmin.
43) When install is finshied, close the terminal window.
44) Go back to your home folder then open successively the following directories :
PlayOnLinux's virtual drives, HAMRADIO and dosdevices.
45) Once inside the "dosdevices" directory, right click with the mouse beside the icons and select "Open in a terminal" option in the menu.
46) If you already have installed tty0tty and virtuals COM ports with the dedicated tutorial you can jump to the step 47.
In the other case, you have to enter the cammand ln -s /dev/ttyUSBO com1. This command create a symbolic link from the Linux COM port (ttyUSB0) to the COM1 port so HAM-RADIO-DELUXE can access to it. This port will be used for CAT Interface connexion.
47) If all is OK, the com1 port link is created and a new icon is displayed.
48) Now you can run HAM-RADIO-DELUXE by clicking on the desktop shorcut created by PlayOnLinux.
49) Now launch the satellite module of HAM-RADIO-DELUXE for settings initialisation of the software. The program run well but settings made by users are not saved because of right permissions..
50) To solve this problem open a terminal and enter this command :
cd ~/.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/HAMRADIO/drive_c/users/$USERNAME/Application Data/Simon Brown, HB9DRV/HRD Satellite Tracking
51) Then enter this command : sudo chmod 777 *.xml.
52) Run the Digital Master 780 software.
53) When running for the first time, HAM-RADIO-DELUXE vis creating directory with software settings. But like the satellites program, settings are not saved.
54) Once again, to solve the problem, close Digital MAster 780 and open a terminal window and type the following command :
cd ~/.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/HAMRADIO/drive_c/users/$USERNAME/Application Data/Simon Brown, HB9DRV/Digital Master 780
55) To end the setup process, type this last command : sudo chmod 777 *.xml.