FT-847 MyDDE installation
MyDDE installation for UISS
In order to install MyDDE so that it can be used with UISS and Orbitron for Doppler correction with the transceiver Yaesu FT-847, you have to follow dedicated tutorials to install both softwares.
This version of MyDDE dedicated to the Yaesu FT-847 transceiver has been made by Andrei Kopanchuk. This software allow ISS Packet-Radio communications with full Doppler correction in simplex mode with only the main VFO.
1) Go to the "Software/Download" area and get the "MyDDE" for Yaesu FT-847 software.
2) After that, go to the place where the archive "MyDDE FT-847.zip" has been downloaded.
3) Right click to the archive and in the menu, choose "Extract here".
4) After extraction you get the file "MyDDE.exe" that you will have to copy to the Orbitron directory.
5) Go to your home folder and look at the "PlayOnLinux's virtual drives" directory.
6) Open the folder "PlayOnLinux's virtual drives".
7) Enter in the "HAMRADIO" directory.
8) Open the "drive_c" folder.
9) Enter in the "Program Files" directory.
10) To finish the process, open the "Orbitron" folder. Here we have to copy the "MyDDE.exe" file.
11) To copy the the program, place the source window containing "MyDDE" and destination windows with the opened "Orbitron" directory side by side. Then, drag and drop "MyDDE" from a window to the other.
12) Run the Orbitron program.
13) Click on the "Rotor/Radio" tab at the bottom of the window. Open the "Driver" list and choose MyDDE". Then click on the little icon to the right to launch the module.
14) For the first launch, Orbitron need to know the place where "MyDDE" is located to. Click on "Yes" to open the file-selector and select the place.
15) By default, Orbitron search in its own folder and this is here that we have copied the file. Click on "MyDDE.exe" then click on the "Open" button. This step has to be done only one time since Orbitron will memorize the place.
16) After this step MyDDE is started. Click on "Settings" at the top-left of the window.
17) Here we have to set different essential parameters to allow communication between SoundModem and Orbitron.
You have to setup 3 ports : One dedicated to the CAT interface, one for the Packet-Radio interface (Additional PTT Interface) and the last one which is virtual to connect MyDDE to SoundModem (Remote PTT Interface). Usually, CAT interface and Packet-Radio interface are connected to COM1 and COM2 ports. The COM1 is always linked to the first USB peripheral connected to the computer and the COM2 port to the second. So you have to always plug each interface in the same order or modify the settings according to the order the interfaces are plugged.
18) Each virtual port can be linked to any free COM port. In our configuration, virtuals ports are linked to COM5 and COM6. One must be set for MyDDE and the other one to SoundModem. In this case, COM6 is used for MyDDE and COM5 is used for SoundModem.
19) Run UISS which will launch the SoundModem program.
20) Go to "Settings" et click on "Devices".
21) Set the parameters according to the picture below. Choose "COM5" for PTT Port and click on the "OK" button.
22) Go back to "Settings" menu and select "Modems".
23) Set the values like the picture below and click on "OK".